JV Treasure Hunt Tourney :: March 1-3, 2024
illinois JV high school hockey tournament
2024 marks the Third Annual JV Treasure Hunt tournament hosted by Carmel Catholic JV Hockey. The tournament features great High School JV competition at a great facility for teams and spectators alike - Orbit Ice Arena in Palatine, Illinois.
5 game guarantee with a 4 game round robin before seeded finals on Sunday.
Slots are limited. Sign up early.
March 1-3, 2024
8 Teams / Two Brackets
5 Game Guarantee
15 Minute Periods
4 Game Round Robin
Orbit Ice Arena, Palatine, Illinois
2 Games Friday (one morning, one afternoon/evening)
2 Games Saturday (one morning, one afternoon/evening)
Seeded Final Games Sunday
- 4-game round robin
- Teams will then be seeded based on point totals for final game matchups.
- Point total ties will be settled in the following order:
- Head-to-head result (first tie-breaker for a two-team tie)
- Most games won (first tie-breaker if more than two-teams are tied)
- Scoring Quotient
- Calculated by dividing a team’s GOALS FOR by the sum of GOALS FOR + GOALS AGAINST).
- Coin toss by tournament director.
- Heads or tails called by head coach who wins a single rock-paper-scissors match with the opposing coach.
- Seeded final games on Sunday
- 2 points for win, 1 point for tie.
- Forfeits will be scored as a 1-0 win with 2 points awarded to the winning team.
- Maximum six-goal differential recorded for GF (Goals For).
game format and rules
- 3-minute warmup.
- 15-minute stop-time periods.
- Running time for the remainder of the game when goal differential becomes greater than 5 goals.
- No timeouts during pool play games.
- 1 one-minute timeout during final games.
- Scoring: Maximum six-goal differential.
- Team listed first is the HOME team.
- HOME team wears white
- VISITOR team wears color.
- Regular season rules apply for icing, off-side, etc.
- Fighting will result in tournament disqualification.
- Players receiving 4 penalties will be asked to leave the game.
- Coaches are directed to tournament officials if a game conflict exists.
- Under no circumstances are coaches allowed to talk to referees after the game to challenge a ruling or game outcome.
- No overtime in pool play.
- Overtime if needed for final games on Sunday as follows:
- 3-on-3 five-minute period with running time.
- If tied after OT, a 3-player shootout will follow with visiting team shooting first.
- If needed, 1-player shootout will follow until a winner is declared.
- Penalties as sessed in regulation carry over to overtime adding 4th player to power play.
- Upon penalty expiration (then 4-on-4), teams revert to 3-on-3 after the first whistle.
- At no time will a team have fewer than three skaters during overtime.